Sunday, April 22, 2012

Spicy Vegan White Chili

I have been adhering to a vegetarian diet when cooking at home so I have been coming up with different ways of making sure my body has the protein it needs.  My main source of protein has been dairy & tofu.  I absolutely love both but it's about time I venture out to other proteins so here come the beans!  This turned out wonderful & I'd make it again & again because it is easy, delicious & requires few seasonings as most of the flavor comes from the spicy Field Roast sausages.





Spicy Vegetarian White Chili

1/2 cup white beans
1/2 cup pinto beans
4 Field Roast Mexican Chipotle sausages, sliced
1/2 cup frozen carrots, cubed
2 cups baby kale
1/2 onion, diced
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 tb dried parsley
1 ts celery seed
7 cups water
2 & 1/2 cups vegetable broth

- Toss everything into a slow cooker 7-8 hours on low.

See, I told you it's easy!  I love my slow cooker.  Whoever invented it, you're genius!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment