Sunday, April 22, 2012

Spicy Bamboo & Tofu Chow Ho Fun (筍子豆干炒河粉)

I present to you tonight's dinner - 筍子豆干炒河粉!  I have been craving spicy bamboo & tofu so I was originally just going to make a side dish with that but I saw 炒河粉 (rice noodle) at the market & immediately bought it to make a main dish out of the spicy bamboo & tofu.  For those of you who are not familiar with 炒河粉, it is a wide & flat rice noodle.  This noodle is quite versatile & popular in both Cantonese & Mandarin cuisine.  I grew up eating it both ways which are both equally scrumptious.  




筍子豆干炒河粉 - Spicy Bamboo & Tofu Chow Ho Fun

2 cups fresh bamboo shoot, sliced
2 cups Chinese five-spice tofu, sliced
1/2 package chow ho fun (炒河粉)
2 stalks green onion, chopped into 1" in length
1 & 1/2 tb sesame oil
2 tb chili oil
3 tb light soy sauce

- Heat oils & soy sauce on medium low heat in a saute pan.
- Add tofu & bamboo shoot.  Stir until sesame & chili oils are fragrant.
- Add chow ho fun & green onion.  Mix until the noodles are cooked.  You can cook it longer if you'd like some of the noodles slightly crispy.




I love Chinese food!  I grew up eating this cuisine & most dishes are simple to make.   


No comments:

Post a Comment