Friday, April 27, 2012

Baked Beet Chips

Crunchy chips are one of my great loves so why not make it healthier & feed my obsession with beet chips instead?  As mentioned in an earlier post, I like to convince myself that certain foods are healthier because of such & such.  Well, these chips are healthier because they are baked; full of vitamins A, C, & various Bs; a vegetable; abundantly filled with antioxidants so who wouldn't want some of these puppies?



Yum!
 


Baked Beet Chips

Beets, peeled
Olive oil
Salt, to taste

- Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Slice beets to no more than 2mm in thickness.
- Lightly toss beets in olive oil & salt.  (I was a little too generous with the olive oil.)
- Place on a baking sheet & bake for about 30 minutes until crispy.




No comments:

Post a Comment