Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Leftover Easter Candy Equals Cookies

What to do with leftover Easter candy?  What to do?  Oh, I know!  Cookies!  Yum, right?  I was perusing the aisles at Target around Easter time when I came across white chocolate M&Ms.  I do not particularly care for white chocolate (I mean it's not even real chocolate!) but I never knew they existed in M&M form so I bought a bag to try out.  As suspected, they were too sweet for my liking so I used decided to turn them into cookies - white chocolate raspberry cookies, to be exact, & what an excellent decision that was.



White Chocolate Raspberry Cookies

2 & 1/4 cups white flour
2 ts baking powder
1/2 ts salt
5/8 cup unsalted butter, cold
5/8 cup light brown sugar
5/8 cup granulated sugar
1 egg
1 ts vanilla extract
1/2 cup dried raspberries
1 cup white chocolate M&Ms 

- Combine flour, baking soda & powder, & salt into a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, beat butter & sugars until creamy and fluffy. 
- Add egg & incorporate well.
- Add vanilla extract & mix.
- On low speed, add flour mixture & mix until just combined.
- Carefully add dried raspberries & white chocolate without breaking them.
- Chill dough for 24 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Grab a spoonful of dough, roll into a golf-sized ball & place on baking sheet.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes.


No comments:

Post a Comment