Sunday, March 25, 2012

Matcha Yogurt Pound Cake


I love carbohydrates - especially baked goods!  So I modified this recipe in my attempt to eat healthier during & hopefully after my challenge.  I have lost about 4% of my target weight thus far - hooray!  Hopefully my competition & I can all succeed in a healthy manner.  :) 

I absolutely love practically anything with matcha so I decided to try my own take on the Buttermilk Pound Cake (which looks & sounds absolutely divine) from Bittersweet Baker.  However, I decided to try replacing butter with yogurt as well as a few other modifications.  All I had in the refrigerator is Greek yogurt so I used that & wow!  It turned out to be VERY dense but still really good!


Matcha Yogurt Pound Cake

1 & 1/2 cups yogurt
3 & 1⁄2 cups sifted all-purpose flour, plus more for flouring the pan
2 tb of matcha powder (I like my matcha very prominent so I'm going to try it with 3 tb next time around)
1⁄2 ts salt
1⁄2 ts baking soda
1 & 3/4 cups sugar
4 large eggs
 2 ts vanilla extract
1 cup buttermilk (you can also make buttermilk by mixing 1 cup milk & 2 tb vinegar & letting it rest 5 minutes)

- Preheat oven to 300 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Grease & flour a bundt pan.
- Combine flour, matcha powder, salt, & baking soda in a bowl.
- Beat yogurt & sugar together until well combined in a separate bowl. 
- Add eggs in & beat until well combined.
- Mix in vanilla.
- Add a third of the flour mixture into the yogurt mixture & beat on low speed until well combined.
- Add a third of the buttermilk in & beat on low speed until well combined.
- Repeat the above two steps until all the flour mixture & buttermilk are well incorporated into the batter.
- Bake in the oven for 60 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.

No comments:

Post a Comment