Thursday, March 8, 2012

Challenge!!!

What am I getting myself into?!

First off, my roommate & I gave up eating & drinking out for Lent & I must say that it has been very difficult.  You would think that I would be healthier from not eating out but oh let me tell you - that is not my case!  I have been on a baking frenzy at home in an effort to appease my eyes, nose, stomach, taste buds, & brain.  (Posts on those baking adventures will follow in the near future.)  It is quite difficult to make batches for one person or two people so yes, I have been eating basically every serving I bake...down to the last crumb.  So yes, I have gained some weight.  It's definitely not a lot of weight, no more than ten pounds, but it's enough for me to worry about illnesses like diabetes with all the sugar intake I have indulged in.  So today one of my dear friends proposes an additional challenge for me.

A couple of my friends are on this mission to lose weight so they have put together a challenge where everyone puts the same amount of money into a pot & attempt to lose a certain amount of weight.  Once that weight is lost, the person must stay within one pound of their goal weight for 30 days.  Those who do split the pot but if everyone loses, the money goes to another friend whose sole role in the challenge is that she will gain that entire pot of money if everyone loses - meaning this friend is not participating in the weight loss challenge.  I have committed to losing 5% of my current weight & I don't know about my challengers but I have decided to lose it in a healthy manner.  I will workout & eat healthy so I thought it would be fun to blog about this little adventure & the healthy food I make at home since I am also not eating out for Lent.  

I know I should stick to relatively healthy meals during this competition so I decided to spoil myself for the last time.  So here is my last meal before the weight challenge starts tomorrow.  I had an egg & salad burrito (my effort to not be a complete fatty today), 2% milk, a slice of lemon bar, & berry goat milk ice cream.  Yuuuum!  





I definitely enjoyed every single bite of this meal!  

Alright everyone - It'll be a fun challenge to continue not eating or drinking out for Lent, lose 5% of my current weight, & use my creative juices to come up with healthy meals.  Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment